ICPM EXPO 2018 | Salt Lake City | Utah
ICPM collects your personal information in order to fulfill our commitment to providing our attendees (and others with whom we do business) with unparalleled service in connection with their interactions with ICPM EXPO. As part of that undertaking, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the information that we collect from you.
- Types of Personal Information We Collect
The term “personal information” or “personal data” as used in this Policy refers to information that does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. We collect this type of information when: your organization or you register with us to attend our trade show, educational programs, webinars or other similar events; you purchase or order products or services; you enter into contests; or you voluntarily complete surveys or otherwise provide feedback and participate in ICPM EXPO activities. Website information is collected using cookies (see discussion in Section 7 below).
The types of personal information that we process includes:
- Your name
- Business title
- Work contact details
- Email addresses
- Telephone and cell numbers
- Credit card information
- Information necessary to fulfill special requests
- Information, feedback, or content you provide related to your interactions with ICPM EXPO, its affiliated organizations, subsidiaries and subdivisions thereof whether it be in surveys, contests, our website, or apps and those of third parties
- Information collected while you access an ICPM EXPO website (see Section 7 below)
- Contact information and other relevant details concerning the employees of your organization
- Information collected while at the ICPM EXPO trade show or other event through the use of internet systems (including wireless networks that collect data about your location or your computer, smart or mobile device)
- We also collect personal data when you book an event with us, buy one of our services enter into a contest, or subscribe to any of our newsletters, magazines or other periodicals
When you agree to this Policy you are granting your express consent to the processing of any personal information as described above that you provide to ICPM EXPO, its affiliated organizations, subsidiaries and divisions thereof.
- How We Use Personal Information
Subject to applicable laws, ICPM EXPO may collect, use and disclose relevant portions of your personal information in order to perform the following functions:
- Inform and provide you and your organization with the benefits in attending our trade show.
- Provide you with a better or more personalized level of service, including information and services from a third party.
- We use your personal information to administer general record keeping associated with your attendance of the trade show, and your interactions generally with ICPM EXPO.
- To fulfill our contracts, provide our services and fulfill our legal duties.
- To identify ways to improve the way we deliver information to you.
- To fulfill our administrative obligations including accounting, billing and audits.
4. Sharing Your Personal Data
When you agree to this Policy, you are, to the extent required and permitted under your local law, granting your consent to the transfer of your personal data to such other countries for the purposes and to the extent stated in this section and as described in Section 3 above.
Circumstances where we might make such disclosure (in addition to those described in Section 3 above) include:
- Credit Card Authorization. When attendees choose to pay by using a credit card, ICPM EXPO submits the information needed to obtain payment to the appropriate clearinghouse. ICPM EXPO does not maintain credit card information on file, and does not disclose this information to any third party.
- Our Agents, Service Providers, and Partners. Like many trade shows, ICPM EXPO may outsource the processing of certain functions and/or information to third parties for purposes such as (but not limited to) processing trade show registrations, optimizing your visit at an ICPM EXPO event, and maintaining general records of our membership and others with whom we do business. We may also engage marketing firms to assist us in promoting certain ICPM EXPO and/or industry events, and conducting market research and quality assurance. When we do outsource the processing of your personal information to such other third parties, we oblige those third parties to protect your personal information in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy.
- Centralized Data Processing Activities
Like many international trade associations, ICPM EXPO has centralized certain aspects of our data processing activities at our headquarters in the USA in accordance with applicable laws.
- Information We Collect When You Visit Us Online
When you visit the ICPM EXPO website, we collect certain information from users as described below. Most data ICPM EXPO collects are used only to help the association improve its websites and otherwise better serve our members, and others with whom we do business.
- a) General Usage Data. When you visit our websites, we collect information about how you use those websites. Examples of such information include the Internet Protocol address automatically assigned to your computer each time you browse the Internet, the date and time of your visit, the pages you access and the amount of time you spend on each page, the type of Internet browser you use, your device’s operating system and the URL of any websites that you visited before and after visiting our website. That information is not linked to you as an individual unless you create a user profile, but we may keep records of the device being used.
- b) Users of Public Areas of Websites. Users of the public areas of our family of websites may access and browse such areas anonymously. ICPM EXPO does not collect any personal information from such users; only aggregate data (such as the number of hits per page) are collected. Aggregate data are only used for internal and marketing purposes and do not provide any personally identifying information.
- c) Trade Show Registrants. To gain access to members-only resources and personalization features on the ICPM EXPO website, users may be are asked to create a user profile and voluntarily provide certain personal information.
ICPM EXPO may use such information to provide attendees to access to personalized features of its websites, facilitate online transactions and to tailor your experience on our websites to your interests. We may also use this information to generally promote the association’s services, products and programs. Information provided by trade show registrants may also be provided to exhibitors, but such information is not sold or distributed in any other manner.
Cookies are small pieces of data generated by websites that serve as reminders of important pieces of information. Unless a user takes steps to block cookies or declines to consent to their use, a user’s browser automatically downloads cookies to the user’s computer during the user’s interactions with web pages. The user’s computer stores the cookies via the web browser. Websites can read a user’s cookies and use that data for a variety of purposes such as authentication, personalization, and record keeping.
- e) Social Media. The ICPM EXPO website may also contain plug-ins and other features that integrate third party social media platforms into our websites. You will be able to activate them manually. If you do so, the third parties who operate these platforms may be able to identify you, they may be able to determine how you use this website and they may link and store this information with your social media profile. Please consult the data protection policies of these social media platforms to understand what they will be doing with your personal data. If you activate these plug-ins and other features, you will be doing so at your own risk.
- f) Links to Other Websites.The ICPM EXPO website contains links to websites maintained by third parties.Whenever you click on a link found on our websites or any other website, you should always check the location bar within your browser to determine whether you have been linked to different website. This Policy, and our responsibility, is limited to our own information collection practices. We are not responsible for, and cannot ensure, the information collection practices or privacy policies of other websites maintained by third parties or our service providers where you submit your personal information directly to such websites. In addition, we cannot ensure the content of the websites maintained by these third parties or our service providers, even if accessible using a link from our websites. We urge you to read the privacy and security policies of any external websites before providing any personal information while accessing those websites.
- d) Targeted Advertising. Where permitted by applicable law, we may work with other companies to show you advertisements we think you may find relevant and useful. This may include advertisements displayed on our own websites or apps, or advertisements from us displayed on other companies’ websites. The advertisements you see may be based on information collected by us or third parties and/or may be based on your activities on our websites or third-party websites.
- e) Security. Because the security of your personal information is important to us, we use Secured Socket Layer (“SSL”)software in order to encrypt the personal information that you provide to us. If your browser is SSL enabled (which most are), your transmission of personal information to us online will be encrypted. You can verify whether your personal information is transmitted using SSL encryption by confirming the symbol of a closed lock or solid key on the bottom bar of your browser window. You can also verify that your personal information will be encrypted using SSL encryption by making sure that the prefix for the web address listed for that page has changed from “http” to “https”. If you do not see the appropriate symbol and the “https” prefix, you should not assume that the personal information that you are being asked to provide will be encrypted prior to transmission.
The personal information we collect from you online is stored by us and/or our service providers on databases protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other reasonable security measures. Nevertheless, such security measures cannot prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of personal information and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where required under law, we will notify you of any such loss, misuse or alteration of personal information that may affect you so that you can take the appropriate actions for the due protection of your rights.
When you download or register to use one of our apps, you may submit personal information to us such as your name, address, email address, phone number, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, and/or image.
Further, when you use our apps, we may collect certain information automatically, including technical information related to your mobile device, your device’s unique identifier, your mobile network information, the type of mobile browser you use and information about the way you use the app.
Depending on the particular app you use and only after you have agreed to such collection, we may also collect information stored on your device, including contact information, friends lists, login information (where necessary to allow us to communicate with other apps at your request), photos, videos, location information or other digital content. Further details of the kinds of information we collect is set out in the privacy notice for each individual app
You may always choose what personal information (if any) you wish to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, some of your experiences with us may be affected (for example, we cannot register you for an ICPM EXPO trade show without a name).
If you provide us with your contact details (e.g. postal address, email address, telephone number or fax number), we may contact you to let you know about the products, services, promotions and events offered that we think you may be interested in. We may also share your personal information with carefully selected third parties, who may communicate directly with you. In some jurisdictions, data privacy laws may require us to obtain a separate consent before we do so. You can always choose whether or not to receive any or all of these communications by contacting us as described in Section 12 below or following the “unsubscribe” instructions contained in the communications.
We will abide by any request from you not to send you direct marketing materials. When such a request is received, your contact details will be “suppressed” rather than deleted. This will ensure that your request is recorded and retained unless you provide a later consent that overrides it.
- Updating or Accessing Your Personal Information
You have the right to access the personal information held by us, and to amend, correct, update or delete such data. You also can limit, restrict or object to the processing of your data.
You also may request that we cancel, and/or stop processing or using personal information that we hold about you. In such cases, we will delete the personal information.
If you want to inquire about any personal information we may have about you, you can do so by sending us a written request by letter or email to the addresses set out in Section 12 below. Please be sure to include your full name, company name, address and telephone number and a copy of a document evidencing your identity (such as an ID card or passport) so we can ascertain your identity and whether we have any personal information regarding you, or in case we need to contact you to obtain any additional information we may require to make that determination.
- Changes to this Policy
Just as our business changes constantly, this Policy may also change. To assist you, this Policy has an effective date set out at the end of this document.
- Request for Access to Personal Information/Questions or Complaints
If you have any questions about this Policy, about the processing of your personal data, or any concerns or complaints with regard to the administration of the Policy, or if you would like to submit a request (in the manner described in Section 10 above) for access to or deletion of the personal information that we maintain about you, please contact us:
ICPM EXPO Event Management
LV HAYES – President
P.O. Box 521786 – Salt Lake City, Utah 84152
Plan on attending the 2018 ICPM Expo
The Utah Industrial, Construction, and Plant Maintenance Expo is one of the largest and most seasoned event in the region. We’ve got you and your needs covered. ICPM Expo has the experience and the exhibitors that it takes to be the best.
For information fill out the online contact form or call us at 801-831-4338
Join us at the Mountain America Expo Center – Located at 9575 State Street, Sandy, Utah 84070.
We will see you in October!